SEO is an amalgamation of different strategies used to boost your website’s ranking and visibility in search engines. The history of SEO dates back to the 90s when the concept of search engines first surfaced.
And today, SEO has become an ever-evolving industry and a necessary marketing strategy. In this article, we will tell you in detail what is SEO and the SEO practice to implement in 2020.
Core Aspects of SEO
In order to understand what is SEO, let’s understand its key aspects –
- Traffic Quality – You can attract visitors on a global scale; however, if they are not coming from Google, it is not quality traffic. It is important that you focus on attracting visitors who are genuinely interested in your product or services.
- Traffic Quantity – After you have ensured that you are attracting the right people from search engine result pages, then you can focus on attracting more traffic to your website.
- Organic Results – Online ads take a considerable segment of SERPs. A major focus on SEO is to generate organic results that are traffic for which you do not pay for.
Important SEO Practices
Following are essential SEO practices that you must implement –
- Keyword Research
Keyword research is an important aspect of knowing what is SEO. Keyword research is all about determining the core intentions of your targeted audience that use search engines. Using the right keywords is an imperative aspect of your website.
It provides you with an opportunity to understand your target audience. Moreover, it will also increase the relevancy to your topic. It is important that you use extensive research to find quality and valuable keywords associated with your topic prior to using it on the website.
- On-Page SEO
On-Page involves everything displayed on the website along with its back-end programming. It requires you to optimize your website’s pages, posts, etc. for search engines. On-page SEO includes the following elements –
- Website layout
- Website speed
- Website design
- Off-Page SEO
Along with on-page SEO, you have to perform off-page SEO in order to establish your domain authority. Off-page SEO is about generating trust among the search engines.
An important aspect of this is asking other high-authority websites to tell the search engines about your website content. The technical name for this process if link building. Following are some things that you can use to execute quality link building –
- Blogging and guest posting
- Use your social media network and promote the content
- Add your blog link as a solution in discussion forums
- Business and local listing
How to Get Quality Links to Your Website?
High-quality organic links are an important part of knowing what is SEO and how it will benefit your business. Following are some of the ways you can facilitate high-quality links to your website –
- Quality content
- Link tag closure
- Anchor text of the link
- Guest posting
- Blog commenting
- Wikipedia links
- Social bookmarking
If you have an effective SEO strategy in place, you can boost your search engine ranking, generate more traffic, and eventually increase your sales and revenue opportunities. Also, if you are looking for more details on what is SEO, how it works, etc, you can visit Infidigit website. Here you will find various blogs written by the SEO experts on different niches within the SEO industry.